Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our Vice President of Security for the Rose Quarter and Trailblazers Organizations, you will lead, manage, supervise, and coordinate the 24-hour security of the Rose Quarter and Practice Facility, our Event Security for the Moda Center, Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and the Rose Quarter Commons, Player, Team and Talent Security, Executive Protection, Cyber Security, and EHS.
This role will also assist in internal investigations. This position oversees implementing and executing policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and safe operation of our facilities, staff, team, and campus. Additionally, you will spearhead the development of internal training programs aligned with current industry standards, driving the department to be a leader throughout the NBA.
DAY TO DAY:
- Being a positive influence on the Facility Security team and leading with a high level of integrity.
- Staying current on and, where practical, deploying state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard assets and property.
- Actively identifying security vulnerabilities and developing strategies to mitigate or eliminate any identified threats and establishing appropriate standards and associated risk controls.
- Oversee security strategy for Team, Talent and Executive Protection
- Ensuring the security and safety of the Rose Quarter
- Assist in internal investigations in partnership with the People and Culture team as well as assist in Cyber Security in partnership with the IT teams.
- Ensure all department policies and trainings are in compliance with League standards and meet local, state and national security standards.
- Driving NBA Arena Security Procedures & Guidelines; strives to run a top security department in the league.
- Oversees relationship with event security vendor. Constantly pushing vendor to improve and be held accountable in creating a safe environment for all fans and talent.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local, state and Federal law enforcement and life safety agencies.
- Developing a secure system to track, evaluate, and store all incident reports
- Assisting with the administration of all physical security systems, including access control, video surveillance cameras, alarms, and fire panels. Ensuring proper responses are made in a timely manner to all activations and are documented.
- Supervise and conduct critical investigations as needed.
- Completing special projects and tasks as assigned and within specified deadlines.
- Oversee the budget and prepare forecasts for all security department operations; optimize expense reduction opportunities to enable the operation to provide greater service to guests and internal departments
- Working events including Trail Blazers games, hockey games, concerts, trade and flat shows, and other events hosted at the Rose Quarter.
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in corporate security, law enforcement, sports, and entertainment security, or related fields.
- Have 8+ years of dynamic supervisory/management responsibility in security.
- Possess experience in physical security, executive protection, and enterprise security.
- Are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment within the security department.
- Are an active member in security-related organizations that discuss and monitor current security industry trends and methodologies.
- Have a proven record of building and leading high-performance security teams.
- Can produce accurate reports suitable for dissemination to senior management and ownership.
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic, high-profile environment and deliver exceptional experiences to guests and employees.
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions, especially in high-stress incidents.
- Regularly work on evenings and weekends within a flexible schedule.
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information without compromising the integrity of the material or the situation.
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills and a respectful communication style.
- Have experience assisting with the development and direction of emergency preparedness drills.
- Have experience conducting thorough investigations into security incidents and are proficient in various software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, video management systems, and sports and entertainment databases.
We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. Our benefits package for full-time teammates includes:
- Competitive Healthcare Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternal & Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays)
- Wellness Perks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes
- Discounted & Complimentary Tickets
- Ongoing Learning & Development
Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.