Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As the Vice President of Facility Operations, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the day-to-day building and facility operations for both the Rose Quarter and Practice Facility. This leadership position involves direct supervision of the Facility Services, Sustainability, and Environmental Services departments. You will be responsible for coordinating minor renovations, implementing preventive maintenance programs, addressing building security issues, overseeing energy conservation projects, and providing expert guidance on environmental matters.
Additionally, you will be entrusted with ensuring the fiscal stability and effective management of the facility operating budget, with a focus on projecting and achieving cost savings. Collaboration with the General Manager will be integral, as you work to implement operational goals, establish objectives, and refine operating procedures to enhance the overall efficiency and excellence of our facilities.
DAY TO DAY:
- Support to the General Manager to ensure the safe and efficient working conditions of the facilities and overall success of Rose Quarter business operation. Ensures the team is OSHA compliant.
- Oversees the Facility Services, Sustainability, and Environmental Services departments; responsible for hiring, training, management, performance management, and annual reviews for direct reports.
- Serve as the liaison between operations departments, contracted services providers, etc. and the General Manager.
- Assists in Tenant requirements around facility and engineering needs.
- Assist in the development and management of building operations budgets for the property, including a plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Interface with the GM to implement energy conservation measures and oversee energy conservation installations.
- Establish, implement, and enforce appropriate policies and procedures that foster an efficient, effective, and welcoming arena and event center operation. Coordinate internally and with outside vendors to anticipate, identify and resolve show/event/property issues.
- Provide direct labor relations leadership and business support; negotiate collective bargaining agreements; handle grievances and arbitrations; conduct training; and communicate labor relations philosophy and policies; serve as negotiator.
- Establish/develop and maintain exceptional business relationships with service providers for Rose Quarter properties (housekeeping, general labor, general contractors, etc.). Administer and oversee contracts/agreements and services provided to ensure outstanding effectiveness.
- Ensure all local licenses are renewed on time and annual inspections are completed.
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in managing facility operations and implementing fiscally responsible budgets.
- Possess or aim to obtain IAVM membership; graduation from the IAVM Public Assembly Management School is preferred.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of construction project execution, including overseeing non-technical phases such as planning, scheduling, and progress tracking.
- Demonstrate expertise in facility operating standards and building maintenance.
- Have a working knowledge of accounting principles and facility management budgeting.
- Knowledge of budgeting for property management, familiarity with principles of asset management, analytical skills to facilitate evaluation of financial and programmatic information for decision-making.
- Consistently supports compliance and safety principles by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulation and policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state and/or local facility regulations.
- Highly effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel issues; deal constructively with conflict; motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions.
- Maintain effective working relationships with tenants, employees, union representatives, city/state/federal organizations and the general public.
- Possess excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical topics, with an approachable and outgoing personality adept in public speaking.
- Be self-directed with the ability to motivate others to achieve positive results.
We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. Our benefits package for full-time teammates includes:
- Competitive Healthcare Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternal & Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays)
- Wellness Perks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes
- Discounted & Complimentary Tickets
- Ongoing Learning & Development
Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.