Location: Portland, OR, United States
Become a part of the team behind the team.
As part of our Conversion Event Set Up/Teardown Crew – Graveyard Shift, you are fundamental in creating the overall experience in our arenas for players, visiting tours, and our guests by performing nightly transformations from one event to the next.
- Converting the arena from one performance staging to the next performance staging, such as a basketball court to a stage or a stage to an ice rink.
- Moving and setting up sports equipment, chairs and tables, bleachers, staging basketball floor, and hockey dashers and glass.
- Assembling sports arenas in accordance with established routine.
- Properly using small hand tools.
- Helping maintain proper storage of Conversion/Event Services Staff equipment, tools, and supplies as needed.
- Assisting in the maintenance of conversion equipment as needed.
- Making ice and paint for up to 10 hours.
- Setting rooms for meetings and dressing rooms as needed.
- Locating and correcting any problems that could place the building in violation of fire and/or safety codes.
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have the ability to work graveyard shifts (approx. 10pm-6am), including weekends and sometimes holidays
- You must be able to understand and communicate conversational English; including following verbal and written direction
- You demonstrate effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- You can be on your feet and moving around the venue and Rose Quarter campus for several hours at a time
- You demonstrate the ability to work as a team with people of different backgrounds and abilities
- You can perform tasks on your feet, kneel, bend at waist, and work on concrete floors for extended periods of time
- You can move and lift up to 75 pounds
- You are able to complete 95% of your daily tasks through movement, lifting, pushing, walking, and climbing stairs
- You demonstrate safe work habits and proper body mechanics when lifting or moving heavy objects
- The ability to rotate duties as needed and perform other reasonable job-related duties
- You demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Starting rate of $22.75 per hour.
- Referral bonus of $100 for every person you refer who gets hired and continues to work with us!
- Discounted tickets to Blazer games, select Rose Quarter events, and Regal Cinema.
- Wellness initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program and insurance options with dental and vision coverage.
- 50/50 TriMet Discount Program
50% off monthly TriMet passes.
- Flexible scheduling, working with your availability.
Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.