Location: Portland, OR, United States
Become a part of the team behind the team. As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
To support our mission, this position will ensure events are set up for success by setting before and providing assistance during Trail Blazer games, Winterhawks games, concerts, and other events at the Rose Quarter.
As our Event Set-Up Crew - Part Time (Day/Swing), you play a key role in the seamless execution of our events and daily operations. Your daily tasks and responsibilities will include preparing for and providing assistance during Trail Blazer games, Winterhawks games, concerts, and other events that take place at our campus.
- Taking care of back-of-house and client needs before and during events.
- Setting all concourse and behind-the-scenes needs including pipe and drape, tables, chairs, staging barricade, and matting or carpeting as needed.
- Setting rooms for all meetings/banquets (tables, chairs, stages, etc.).
- Being readily available during events for any client or urgent needs.
- Daily tasks involving the use and proper storage of small hand tools.
- Performing in a fast-paced environment for sustained periods, occasionally performing tasks in front of the public.
- Assisting with ice making and painting ice.
- Locating and correcting any problems that could place the building in violation of fire and/or safety codes
- Other duties as assigned
WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You can be on your feet and moving around the venue and Rose Quarter campus for several hours at a time
- You can move and lift up to 75 pounds
- You are able to complete 90% of your daily tasks through movement, lifting, pushing, walking, and climbing stairs
- You can perform in high-stress and fast-paced environment in an expedient manner for sustained periods, occasionally performing tasks in front of the public.
- You must be able to understand and communicate conversational English; including following verbal and written direction
- You demonstrate effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- You demonstrate the ability to work optimally as a team with people of a diverse set of backgrounds and abilities.
- Starting rate of $18.25 per hour.
- Referral bonus of $100 for every person you refer who gets hired and continues to work with us!
- Discounted tickets to Blazer games, select Rose Quarter events, and Regal Cinema.
- Wellness initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program and insurance options with dental and vision coverage.
- 50/50 TriMet Discount Program
50% off monthly TriMet passes.
- Flexible scheduling, working with your availability.
Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.