This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Portland, OR, United States
As our Part-Time Facility Security Agent, you play an essential role in ensuring the safety of all people on our campus. . Your daily tasks and responsibilities will include patrolling the RQ campus, communicating and responding to calls via radio, investigating incidents and crafting solutions, and monitoring entry and departure of people in our facilities.
Our current preference is to hire candidates willing and able to work graveyard shift. Agents working grave shift will be receiving a differential $1.50 per hour.
SCHEDULE: Part-time security agents may work 6 or 8 hour shifts, hours for these roles are as follows:
WHAT MATTERS MOST:
- You assist in running the RQ Command Center and operate security and fire systems.
- You answer questions and provide information to employees and the public.
- You assist with mail, key control, lost and found, and elevator operations.
- You provide assistance to medical personnel by directing traffic, crowd control, and secure needed equipment.
- You create a hospitable and inclusive environment for guests of all backgrounds and abilities.
- You keep people safe by ensuring all building policies are being followed.
- You meet the requirements of the position outlined below.
YOU'RE QUALIFIED IF:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You can understand and communicate in conversational English, including following verbal and written direction.
- You possess effective social and oral communication skills can report incidents in writing.
- You have a valid driver license.
- You are available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and occasionally holidays, and meet our minimum availability and scheduling requirements.
- You possess or have the ability to obtain a Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) Private Security Officer Certification.
- You demonstrate safe work habits and proper body mechanics when lifting or moving heavy objects and are able to walk or stand for 75% of your shift.
We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. The perks we offer for our part-time teammates include:
- Competitive Pay: $19.25 per hour
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Work-schedule
- Wellness Perk
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes (50% off)
- Discounted tickets for select concerts/shows
- Ongoing Learning & Development
Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.